Home Discussion Forum What is the difference between reiki and craniosacral therapy?

What is the difference between reiki and craniosacral therapy?

8 COMMENTS

  1. Both are scams.
    Most reputable ostepahtic schools have removed CST: craniosacral therapy courses from their curricula due to a lack of evidence it does anything……and reiki is just nonsense.

    • Too bad. You’ve closed your eyes to something that is very real, very powerful, and has helped millions of people….including myself.
      blessings to you.
      DS

  2. I am going to attempt to refute the skeptic who also responded to your question. First of all, I am assuming that he/she hasn’t had a session of either modality performed upon he/she.
    Secondly, I have experienced both modalities, and I can tell you from first hand experience, they both DO WORK.
    Thirdly, CST was developed by an osteopathic physician, John E. Upledger, D.O.,O.M.M. in the 1970’s. It is based on the theories of William Sutherland, D.O., an osteopath in the 1900’s; Dr. Upledger’s research at Michigan State University (1975-83); and extensive clinical application.
    CST works by helping the body’s natural healing mechanisms dissipate the negative effects of stress on the central nervous system. Like the pulse of the cardiovascular system, the craniosacral system has a rhythm that can be felt throughout the body. This rhythm can be monitored and practitioners can assist the natural movement of the fluid and related soft tissue to help the body self correct.
    The Usui system of Reiki evolved from the experience and dedication of Dr. Mikao Usui. A college professor who lived on Japan in the late nineteenth century. Through extensive meditation, study and travel Dr Usui developed a healing art based on ancient Sanskrit teachings. The rest of his life he spent in devotion, pratice and teaching.
    Reiki is the Japanese word for universal life force energy. Very similar to Chi or Prana, the lifeforce which sustains the physical body. Reiki balances the flow of energy to and through the chakras, the connection points at which the body’s energy flows.

  3. well craniosacral therapy deals with adjustments to the skull and sacrum in order to affect the body. reiki is totally differnent in that you actually are feeling for energy changes within and on the body and using reiki to add energy to deficient areas.

  4. Reiki is the channeling of lifeforce energy to the recepient.
    Cultures all over the world discovered lifeforce energy, and they gave it assorted names.
    there is energy all around us; and people CAN be taught to tap into this infinite source of energy, and use this energy for all kinds of things.
    Reiki practitioners use this energy exclusively for healing; and many of them sincerely believe this energy can not be used for other purposes.
    Unlike the skeptic who answered first; I can tell you that Reiki DOES work.
    I have neaver heard of the other modality so I will refrain from commenting about it until I do have a credible opinion.
    Other names for lifeforce energy Chinese call it ch’i, Reiki practitioners call it reiki, japanese call it ki, cherokee call it nuwati, India nd Tibet call it prana.

  5. Reiki is Energy adjustments and the other is skull adjustments.. Try Reiki first.. if the energy treatments work then U have avoided someone messing with your skull! Reiki treatment works
    wonders for 80% of people that try it. The other 20% could be cause they don’t believe in energy manipulation or redirection. Reiki is simply encourging energy to go to the spots your body most needs it! Nothing Nuts about it!

  6. Blocked sacrum; this chakra is the basis of relationships, is rooted in pleasure, fun and emotions. Exercises such as the goddess pose, hip circles and scissor kicks will help to open and unblock this chakra.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related