More

What should I (a woman) wear to Buddhist Meditation Center for Sunday services including chanting& dharma talk?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I will be attending Sunday services include bowing, chanting, and a dharma talk. It will begin at 9am and last thru lunchtime. I would like to know what I should wear in order to dress appropriately for the services as a woman.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Long sleeve t-shirt and loose yoga pants would be acceptable. You will be sitting on the floor, so think comfortable and modest.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

the buddhist temples i go to don’t really have dress codes (that i’ve seen). i suppose anything acceptable in everyday society would be fine. you could always ask one of the monks if you want clarification though. :}

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Wear modest, comfortable clothes. Many places ask that you not wear something with wild patterns and not too “showy”, like bright colors. Talk to someone you might be going with or call someone for the absolute answer for the med. ctr. you’re going to.
        _()_

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

An orange sheet, flip flops and a smile.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

wear sweats and a t-shirt
        remember that when you start meditating, you’re heart beat slows down and your temp goes down too, so bring a sweatshirt
        don’t wear anything uncomfortable, no one cares about fashion or will notice if you dress badly; all you have to do is wear something warm and cozy

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar