More

Since Christian side-hugs aren't natural, shouldn't they be considered an abomination?

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Should we ban side-hugging people from marrying?
        You need to watch out for those “side-hugs”. If someone’s hand accidentally brushed someone’s tush then we’re going to have orgies all over the place. Next thing you know, they’re going to want to start hugging animals and trees. Those “side-hugs” could lead to the downfall of mankind as we know it. It violates the sanctity of hugging.
        What gives Christians the right to redefine hugging, anyway?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7NS8dhywY
        Bible says nothing about hugging? There’s quite a bit of embracing going on in the Bible, actually.
        http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/sexist/2009/11/23/the-christian-side-hug-front-hugs-be-too-sinful/
        Since we’re always being told that we need to embrace Jesus as our savior, do we now need to side-hug Jesus as our savior instead?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Amazingly Inane.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

“Side hugs?”
        Surely you jest? Could you provide a link to this bizarre practice?
        edit — Thanks RP – So That’s what it’s all about huh? Oh good gravy, what will those wacky christians do next!?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Oh wow, you are my hero.
        Obviously they should be banned as well as the hugs from behind. They suggest sodomy which is obviously seen as bad.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

lol. They do side hug a lot don’t they? The goyim are so cute sometimes.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Nice angle on this. I agree with you actually
        Answer mine please:
        http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqsmVL4pG4ya0g7nHnTsugvsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20091201102442AADN2Ep

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

An abumination more like
        For Woody
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Oj0-splZw

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

What gives them the right to command anything?.. for this is a violation of freewill.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

**hugs everyone straight-on in protest of idiocy everywhere**

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

This is why we shouldn’t allow religious people to put them self’s in politics.They spread unwarranted fears “stretch” the truth change facts and sometimes flat out lie.
        I can not force the next man to anything he or she is not willing to do. The same goes for any behavior I show just because I may like it and do it doesnt mean we are all dooomed!
        Bible thumpers are more likely to cause a downfall of man think how many people have been killed on the behalf of the bible.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I don’t get the ‘no hugging’ thing. “Jesus loves you but don’t show affection!” The Sign of Peace at our church can go on for a while because of all the hugs, but it’s a small and tight community and we all pretty much like one another and hang out together. Sorry to hear it isn’t that way everywhere.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

As a serious and, as far as I can tell, very traditional (even medieval) Christian, all I can say is, “huh?” “Side-hugs” must be something the Puritans introduced–except, I think they disapproved of nearly all touching, so scratch that.
        Honestly, I haven’t the foggiest where such a practice arose. It certainly has no basis in Christian tradition prior to the 16th century, though.
        P.S., the natural law argument against the idea that homosexual acts are morally licit uses a different definition of “nature” than is typical in modern English. Being drawn out of the thought of St. Paul, who wrote in Greek, it is the Greek idea of “phusikos” that underlies the argument. In that sense, it is tempered heavily by Greek philosophy, especially Platoism and Aristotelianism, both of which had exerted immeasurable influence upon the Greek language used by the New Testament.
        The idea in this case is the “inner rationality towards which a given being is configured”, not “natural” in the sense of “ordinary” or “instinctual”.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

As far as I know we “Christians” are not now nor have we ever attempted to redefine hugging. No one in my church, including the youth group practice side hugging. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find too many that do, at least around here. (The Bible Belt)

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Those side-hugging fundies aren’t fooling anyone.
        They’re just humping legs, just like your dog does.
        Perverts.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar