Is there any one who experienced Enlightenment?

• Creator
    Topic
    Forum
    Keymaster
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

I’ve read about Enlightenment and in many book Buddhist books that it really can change you as a human being. Joseph Campbell said it can make you feel like your the Axis Mundi, or God itself.
    I live in an area full of radical orthodox christians, dont have any buddhist centers nearby. I’ve emailed several buddhist monks, and each of them gave me a different answer not only on how to reach enlightenment, but what it is. I would very much like to feel that “Axis Mundi”, like me being the supreme of the supreme. Im quite desperate beacause I reached a dead end. I dont have much money, so im quite sad, I want to study the dharma, but with a master. Did anyone experienced englihtenment can throw some cents on it? Every answer is welcome, but especially those chinese zen type, since I am interested in “that” kind of enlgihtenment, in which man becomes god.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Forum
      Keymaster
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful

yes and now i am an atheist…

Forum
      Keymaster
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful

yes born again 33 yrs!!!!!!!!!!

Forum
      Keymaster
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful

I experience occasional, accidental flashes of lucidity, but not often enough for it to become a nuisance.
      Even god is Samsara. If you can see and accept that being present in the moment is all there is to be achieved, then you’ve made a good beginning.

Forum
      Keymaster
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful

I experienced something close to it just 3 months ago. Life was good, just beautiful after that. No pain all pleasure.
      It took me so long to understand all this but I am glad I finally did. Everything became so clear to me.
      Ok, so different monks tell u different story? Actually that means only one or may be none of them is completely enlightened or may be they are telling u the same thing in a different way.
      Basically, according to Buddha, when u meditate u experience enlightenment. But there are stages of enlightenment & at every stage u think u r completely enlightened but u r not.
      To completely understand what I am trying to explain pls open & read the following links.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhahood

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.