More

If you fine tune your thoughts to higher vibrations can that be a form of meditation?

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

So far I have gotten nowhere trying to turn my thoughts ‘off’ in meditation (but I intend to keep trying), but I am wondering if in the past when I achieved higher states of consciousness through journaling about unconditional love, and trusting that love, was that a different type of meditation? It wasn’t lack of thought, in fact it was more like using a form of concentration a person would use when figuring out a tough math problem or something.
        No thumbs down from me!
        Miguel,
        I filled pages of my notebook. I still go back and read what I wrote and I am amazed…a lot of what I wrote I use for questions on here 🙂
        Ryan,
        How beautiful! Yes, my meditation that day turned me from agnostic into deeply spiritual. To me Jesus is a perfect representation of unconditional love.
        🙂
        Celestial Light,
        Why it is WLUV 100.00 of course! lol 😉
        Dances with Love,
        (((((hugs)))))
        At the time, actually, of that particular moment I wasn’t even focused on Jesus Christ…but only unconditional love. Going back now and reading scripture and the words of Jesus matches that same unconditional love I felt that day. The Beatitudes sounds interesting…I have never heard of this. I will definitely check it out 🙂 Thank you. Much love and light to you!
        Phoenix,
        I probably should have explained in more detail when I first asked the question. What I experienced while journaling is something I can only describe as a miracle. I shared consciousness with my soul self, revealed as a me, but more like a higher self that I was previously unaware of. I felt pure unconditional love and had a beautiful vision of my life path…it was so beautiful and colorful that words will never work when I try to tell a person about it.
        My question is whether or not that was a form of meditation? I was writing and full of thoughts…like I described above–I was concentrating in a way that surpassed the way I do when I am working out a difficult math problem. At the time there were phrases that I could tell were of utmost importance to me…almost like they were intuitively given: blind certainty vs. faith, love, trust, trusting feelings, foundation-flexible vs. rigid, and others.
        I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who had a
        similar experience while meditating this way…or if that was even meditating?
        Phoenix,
        Thank you for your words of wisdom 🙂 Everything takes practice and since meditation is brand new to me I have a lot of practicing to do indeed!
        Much love and light to you dear friend 🙂
        Thank you so much Jill E and Just Be 🙂 I always gain so much inspiration from you both. I always feel blessed to read your responses ((((hugs))))
        Jill E,
        I haven’t been able to connect back with soul awareness yet…but oddly enough, always around the turn of the seasons from summer into fall I feel closer to my spiritual nature. For several years now it seems to be the case where I have major breakthroughs during that time of the year…I do not know why this is. I look forward to exploring my spirituality further by reading, connecting with like minds, journalling and meditation 🙂 I know we have talked about it before that with the internet it is a huge blessing to us all to be able to learn and share with others at the same time!
        I believe I have a thumbs down troll that follows my questions and gives thumbs down to very good answers lol

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

It makes you a delusional lunatic – nothing more.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Are you talking about a jackrabbit?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

try some binaural beats

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I’ve never known my thoughts to vibrate, but if they did I could use them for things that would definitely send me into a higher state.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

You don’t try. It is the trying that keeps you from succeeding. Simply notice. You should have one thing to concentrate on. A flame, an expression, breathing, counting, or something of the kind. Focus only on a spot between your eyes and slightly above the brow as you do this. Alternately, the solar plexus are a good place to start. Maintain the focus and that is all. when thoughts interfere, go back to the focus.
        It is not getting your mind to stop it is getting all the aspects of your mind moving in the same direction. You do not stand in front of a stampede of horses and yell stop. The elements of your mind work quite like the horses. Some going left and some to the right, some fast and some slow. To get them in line, you must move to the side and gently tap them in the direction you want them to go. You want them to maintain focus. You do not do this by trying but by noticing and then re noticing and gently move the stray thoughts back into line. It is a process not a thing. Just move the thoughts and the mind will take care of itself. It will rest.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Thinking and meditation are different things. Meditation only comes when the mind is silent. You can’t force the mind to be silent because then the mind is working when you try to ‘do’ something.
        Meditation is possible when the mind is not ‘doing’. It is spontaneous.
        There is a mechanism within you that can take you into meditation. To awaken it is easy. There are free online courses http://onlinemeditation.ca/ or you can find links to classes all over the world through freemeditation.com

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I meditated on the love of Jesus .
        I was transported in my spirit to heaven.
        There were angels flying,The walls were pillows of billows.People were praising Jesus..
        It was so awesome.
        It might sound crazy to someone that has not experienced this.
        But it was true and it happened to me.
        Love,Ryan

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Whats your favorite radio station…?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

KC, the love of Jesus Christ is so beautiful…and we who know him glorify His name! I understand the kind of love you felt when you dwealt on him and his thoughts and words..for within him one can discover such beauty, peace and grace. His sandals carried Him along the pathways of love, and blessed are those who carry His messages for their hearts have truly been blessed. Just to flow within the love of Christ is enlightening for all. His beauty far surpasses many, His light is Brilliance indeed . Christ has the Composure of Life Eternal. To have the mind of Christ is nothing to be mocked, or to be put asunder as He is the Prince of Peace and dwelling in Him brings us to great Spiritual Rivers of Life giving waters…so be blessed by this.. just try one day to read the Beatitudes and see if you don’t just rest easier, or feel blessed ..there is a Godly presence…which does rise….within us…He is beauty to behold! When we dwell within His love, we learn to walk and we find unending rest and comfort too ~ green pastures exist within this King of Kings. …we find pureness of all matter and somrhow as we are filled with his glory, the confusion stops… GBU :)) So glad you mentioned Jesus…
        Edit: The messages you heard could have been the voice of the Holy Spirit…even of angels…given a message to give you…and yes …when you are this full of concentration..you are taken up into new levels…and God does speak here…in purreness…! :))

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Hi there Kasey.
        Do me a favor will you…….Read the *WHOLE* Sermon on the Mount along with the Beatitudes.
        Read it out loud in a low undertone.
        Let me know how it works for you.
        Peace and prosperity to you.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

There are two things, concentration and meditation. Concentration has to come first. Concentration, as I understand it, isn’t a matter of beating the mind into submission, but is more a matter of gentle persistence.
        Sit quietly with your back softly straight and your head ‘suspended’ from an imaginary thread from the ceiling. Rest your hands in your lap, palms up and one on top of the other in a soft curve with the tips of your thumbs gently touching.
        Relax.
        Now start to notice the breath as it enters and leaves your body at your nostrils. Just notice the sensation. Count the breaths. Count on the out-breath. When you get to ten, start again at one.
        When you notice that your mind has wandered off, gently bring it back to noticing the breaths – but start again at one. People don’t get very far to start with, so don’t get angry with the mind for doing its little dance. That’s what minds do!
        When you can maintain a gentle concentration on the breaths in this way, you are ready for meditation proper. Now that can be on anything you like. It can, actually, still be on the breath. It can be on a candle light, on the love of God, on your own inner nature, anything! But I would caution you not to undertake serious meditation without a teacher or a spiritual guide. (Not me, he hastens to say!)
        Meditation is a long-term project but it brings joy and insight if you persist.
        I wish you well with it.
        EDIT,
        Again, as I understand it, those higher state you achieved in the past were a sort of foretaste, an inkling of what would come if you persisted in a spiritual discipline.
        Another edit.
        You’re very welcome, Kasey.
        There is a book called A Gradual Awakening, by Stephen Levine. It’s actually a Buddhist book but is absolutely applicable to any religion. It’s the best and most easily read introduction to meditation I’ve ever come across.
        I strongly reccommend that you read – and practise it.
        And another.
        Sorry, I missed that.
        No, not a form of meditation but a moment of Illumination, a precious gift to you from the Eternal. There is no certainty that you will repeat this experience, though it is possible.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

No , thoughts are thoughts weather it is good or bad .How can it be fine tuned.
        No mind is meditation .
        Watch the thoughts as if it is not your’s !
        In no mind one can experience love

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Kasey, it sounds to me as if you don’t need to use meditation as a tool to reach higher states of consciousness. You are able to make a direct connection, as you did on that special day.
        I hope many people read carefully what you have written and draw inspiration from it.
        May I quote you from your Additional Details:
        “At the time, actually, of that particular moment I wasn’t even focused on Jesus Christ…but only unconditional love. Going back now and reading scripture and the words of Jesus matches that same unconditional love I felt that day.”
        Kasey it was your focus on Unconditional Love that day, that took you to that special place and to your revelation.
        This is all we ever need to do. To tune in to what God Is, and what we Are.
        God is Love, that is purely what He is. We are Love, that is purely what We are. When we focus on this and recognise this flow, then we begin to get glimpses and revelations of our true Selves, and the beautiful feeling that accompanies it.
        We can call it tuning our vibrations to a higher level, because in a way it is. It is our pure focus on this Love that allows all our coarser vibrations to fall away in the moment and feel the pure intensity of the bliss of this Love.
        I do feel that because you have had the kind of experience that you describe, then you should be able to move into this place again, by feeling and focusing on the feelings of Unconditional Love, rather than on straight forward meditation techniques or trying to move beyond your thoughts.
        I can’t tell you how many years I spent in meditation, attempting to work with thoughts, before I had an element of success. It was only after many many years that I could go straight to that place simply by focusing on and feeling Unconditional Love.
        So if you have already found a way to connect to that feeling then that is all you need.
        If you did want to meditate then maybe you could focus your meditation around feelings of Unconditional Love. Perhaps a meditation like the Metta Bhavna which is the Buddhist Meditation that allows Unconditional Love to arise in the heart. I find it one of the most beneficial meditation practices.
        I found your Question so inspiring, and all you told us about your special day/miracle I am deeply grateful for. Your journalling words sound as if they were inspired by, and being given you by the Holy Spirit. You would know by the way you felt at the time.
        Thank you for sharing this with us.
        Namaste

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I have used what I call Directed Thought.
        If I told you not to think of white elephants it would be all you could think about.
        So, in order to not think of white elephants, I think of yellow cows, LOL!
        I pick a subject for the day, something I want to ponder Spiritually.
        When my mind strays (& it will at first) I simply remind myself with out judgment that I have chosen that to think about & go back to it.
        For me it was an exercise in not only staying focused, but with practice it is developing or training the mind to follow direction.
        It will require practice & determination, but you might be surprised how quickly you find you can reel your mind in.
        Most of us have allowed our minds to just roam & run amuck like undisciplined children. It is a learned behavior that can with practice be unlearned.
        Many Blessings!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar