More

How old do you have to be to become an ordained pagan priest?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I want to become an ordained pagan priest, so I can have a job as a priest (and not get paid), and have a seperate job for making money. How old do you have to be?
        Paganism as in Wicca/Wiccan

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

“Pagan” is an umbrella term. There isn’t just one pagan religion, or one pagan by whose authority you’d be ordained. If you aren’t aware of that, then I doubt you’re qualified to be a priest in most pagan religions.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

What’s a Pagan priest?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

A better question would be who in the world would ordain you…because paganism is not an organized religion with a hierarchy.
        I guess if you want to be a pagan priest (if there even is such a thing), then be one. Because almost all the practices of neo-pagans are made up by them anyway. It doesn’t really matter which god you worship, how you worship, which pagan holidays you celebrate, etc., so why would it matter who gets to be a priest or not?

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

It depends on which tradition or path you belong to.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Laws vary by state for this sort of thing.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Depends on your particular branch of Paganism, and the tradition within that specific religion. Some don’t have a hard-and-fast minimum, but most aren’t going to do it until you’re at least 21. I suppose you could do something like get ordained by the ULC church at 18, but… quite honestly, someone in the 18-21 range IMO typically lacks the wisdom to be ready for ordination. There’s certainly some exceptions… but I’d typically wait longer, and, from what I’ve seen, a lot of other folks hold similar views.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar