More

How long does meditation take Before a person sees any results?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

I just started meditating a week ago. I’ve been reading And trying to find out more about it. I hear it is effective So I want to keep doing it to see some results.
        I’m doing breath meditation. Can anyone help me out to give me some insight, or valuable advice for thease so called journies of the mind.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

God alone knows !

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

It won’t work if you’re just thinking about the results.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Meditation is not temporary.It is a permanent exercise because everyday brings new problems and with it anxiety which is very harmfull to the body if it is not overcomed by submiting to ones circumstances and that can only be done by finding peace within yourself in meditating.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

If you seek a Journey then it will take a while if you do only breath meditation.
        The best advice anyone can give you is to mediate the way you feel like. Each brain is wired differently, so you will most likely to develop your own way.
        If you are a hurry for results and don’t wait until you master your own way then seek guided mediation. visit a site like audible.com to find some good ones.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

um… its different for all people some people take less time that others but for me it took like about a day or 3 so not long at all and when i began my meditation sessions where short. but the longer you work at it the better you get and faster you feel the effects.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Since meditation is stopping the mind and transcending time, don’t think of it with a time factor, or that you’re going to get somewhere or achieve something. You already are what you are trying to achieve and what mediation is doing to getting you through illusions, which is your mental images. Once you see through, or stop, your mental images, time no longer is a factor. You and reality simply Is.

Forum
        Keymaster
        Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful

Dear Korrasc,
        There is not particular time frame for seeing results and it is best not to worry about it. Practice is essential. You can meditate a few times a day for just a few minutes if you like. Most important is to meditate. I am putting some links below to some helpful information and some meditations that you can work with. Just relax and enjoy your meditation time. It is not a punishment or a job. It is something you do to relax and to get to know yourself better and to improve your life.
        You will do fine.
        Take care.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Skip to toolbar