More

Do you find anything wrong with what Buddha said about life?

Home Forums Forum Do you find anything wrong with what Buddha said about life?

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
        Forum
        Keymaster

by Irish Girl:

‘ The only way to prevent suffering is to prevent a life been born’
        (Buddha)
        While some of you may scoff at Buddha and even call him a pessimist, once during a visit to india when i went to saranath and saw the image of Buddha this verse came to me mind and i then realised what an intelligent man Buddha had to be .
        I have always held jesus and Buddha and even Zoroaster in high esteem.
        What do you think?

Answer by Evil Penguin reincarnate
        I think i am confused by that statement from Buddha
        Maybe Buddha was pro-abortion or maybe secretly a Eugenisist?

Forum
        Keymaster

we are born, we suffer, then we die. buddha was correct.

Forum
        Keymaster

Personally, I feel he’s promoting abortion..a wrong message to youths nowadays.

Forum
        Keymaster

I think there is truth in that statement. I think about the subject all the time. Life is filled with suffering, so it’s better to have not lived at all then be born and experience life. I love children, but I’m still debating if the cons/risks of living out weigh the good things. If one was never born they would not miss living. If all the people of the world vowed to never create another child, eventually humanity would die out but along with humans we take our wars, hunger, child abuse, murders and so on… I can understand the statement made by Buddha and get a sense of what he means. However, having offspring is just part of the cycle of life. And more lives will come into this world against their will and face great pain and suffering.

Forum
        Keymaster

I think if you take a statement out of context, it can be misinterpreted in any number of ways.
        That’s what I think about the text provided, sorry, that should read “snippet”.
        I agree with Buddha, in the wider context of his teachings.
        One sentence does sum up wisdom, if it did, the Bible would be a much thinner book.

Forum
        Keymaster

Buddha was simply stating that everyone suffers and no one is immune to it …
        I think his statement was slightly on the sarcastic side …
        What can I say about Buddha … he was a man of great wisdom who refused to be worshiped in anyway … that make him a winner in my book …

Forum
        Keymaster

Generally people consider themselves as bodies. Others believe that there is soul in that body. Both r ignorant and both of them suffer due to this ignorance.
        In reality only self (one may call it as soul or no soul or God or nothingness, as essence is same) is there. With its realisation the dissociation of body authomatically occure. And with it every pain and pleasure drop by itself. Birth and death of body also drop with dissociation of body.

Forum
        Keymaster

With so many religions in the world, which is true?
        Use process of elimination. It has to be worldly. It cannot be pertained to a country or culture.
        The only one is Islam.
        Islam is the final Abrahamic religion of God. It is not a new religion, but a restoration of the teachings of Moses, Noah, Abraham, Jesus and all prophets.
        The Quran is the final word of God and remains in tact since it was revealed 1400 years ago and is protected till the day of judgement by God. How? It has been memorized since day 1 word for word and passed down for generations, even today. Look up Hafiz. Not even ONE word has been modified! That in itself is one of the signs for mankind. The Quran is full of scientific facts no mortal could know 1400yrs ago!
        20,000 americans convert annualy. 70,000 French annually, list goes on. Islam is the fastest growing religion. Truth prevails. 2 billion followers and counting…
        God gave us the freedom to choose, but we all will face Him one day.
        Here are links which prove God exists, but you need to be openminded.

Forum
        Keymaster

Sure, Buddha was observant & a genius as a philosopher. No reason not to hold him & his teaching in high esteem along with others.
        Your own personal philosophy will probably be a mix of the teachings of those you hold in high esteem, What do you do when their messages conflict? I’ve never seen a 3-sided coin I could toss…

Forum
        Keymaster

The Philosophy of Buddhism
        Buddhist philosophy accepts the inevitability of disease, death, and emotional pain in a human?s life. The cause of human suffering is attributed to the attachment to things that have shape and form. The antidote offered is simple ? to cure suffering, free yourself from attachment. Practical ways to end suffering has been prescribed through eight pursuits ? right speech, right action, right livelihood, right concentration, right view, right intention, right mindfulness, and right effort.
        If you look closely, these eight pursuits are what forms the basis some other faiths as well, may be not in those particular terms.

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.