Home Discussion Forum For people who believe in "auras", what if you are color-blind?

Related Posts

For people who believe in "auras", what if you are color-blind?

I have never seen one, and I am not trying to judge. I am just curious. Is “color” the closest thing you can use to describe the experience to the rest of us? I don’t ascribe “color” to emotions. As a language fan, I ascribe color to verb tense lol. In Japanese, Present/future tense is bright green, present/future negative is red. Past affirmative is yellow, and past negative is dark green. If that sounds weird, I have a minor form of autism. Personally, I try to equate emotions to one of the ten states or ten worlds of the Nichiren and Tendai Buddhist sects. And they seem to me more like “energy” or “movement”, the life state of hell for example, is swirling and unstable, animality is alert and tense, humanity is still, heaven is rising up, learning is kinda blowing out, like wind. But yeah, the above question?
Please no Christian or Atheist bigotry.
@ lance, yeah sure. Many of them, perhaps even most of them, are frauds. But Like how 95% of UFO sightings are explainable, that still leaves the like 5% that are studied a ton by governments. I neither believe or not believe in auras. I am neutral. I have seen machines, not people show “auras”, that even changed color when moods changed, or even weakened “drained” by another person’s “aura”. It was interesting. When scientists said it was simply “moisture”, they did not go into detail and pretty much thought we would take their word without explanation on blind faith. Maybe you have only been seeing the frauds and not the minority “real” people? The Buddha seemed to take for granted a reality that was beyond empirical understanding. In fact, in the much misunderstood kalama sutra, the Master says not to rely on blind faith, but also not to rely on purely what can be measured and documented. The Middle Way. The Buddha was a mystic. But once again, neutral.
@ cicely, THNX for that link! Wow, I actually WAS diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome recently. It is different with different languages. And there is also “shape” and “movement” or “energy”. The Latin first person plural verb ending (MVS, or mus, as in navigamus, we sail) is like rising and falling, but with a silvery white color. Japanese verbs don’t work like that, so they are simple colors by themselves, and not including energy or direction.


  1. Given that they don’t exist, it wouldn’t matter if you were color blind or not.
    I’ve proven this many times—-when someone was claiming to read my aura, I started thinking about Nazi death camps, etc.—-and they told me how warm and fuzzy my aura was.
    Frauds, all of them…..
    The Buddhist teachings are about visualization exercises used in meditation, an entirely different thing.

  2. I think color can be ascribed to emotions. Aura’s are the electromagnetic field around the body/mind, that is translated in to visible light. Describing colors to a color blind person, calls for describing how they make you feel, even though I think some might be depressed by doing something like that.

  3. You might actually have a neurological condition called synesthesia, which is when different parts of your brain are connected. There are a lot of different types; two of the most common ones are seeing sounds and associating letters with colors. It sounds like you have concept -> sight synesthesia. I have something similar with verd tenses. In Spanish, present tense is red and spherical, past tense looks like the corner of a brown table, and future tense is a silvery wave. It does seem to be more common in autistic people. I have Asperger’s syndrome myself.
    Some people really do see auras (even though usually when people talk about auras it’s all BS), and this is also a form of synesthesia. Actually seeing an aura (typically color) floating around someone is called projected personality -> color synesthesia. These colors are based on the synesthete’s perception of someone’s personality or mood. I associate some people with colors, but I do not actually see the colors in my field of vision – which unfortunately is much less interesting. To answer your original question, no two synesthetes see the same colors for any given subject. So a colorblind aura-seeing synesthete simply sees the colors he/she can see.
    You might want to research synesthesia or check out a forum like http://mixsig.net/nexus. There are people there who can tell you a lot about seeing auras like this.
    Out of curiousity, do you have a source for what you wrote about machines possibly showing auras? I’ve never heard of that.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Posts