A. This method observes subjects with little interference in their “natural habitat”.
B. This method is an intensive study of a person or a group.
C. This method uses questionnaires and interviews to collect information about people’s attitudes, beliefs, feelings, behaviors, and lifestyles.
14. Surveys (1 point)
15. Naturalisitc Observation (1 point)
16. Case Studies (1 point)
17. A _________ is the functional unit of the nervous system. (1 point)
18. The Central Nervous System consists of the __________ and __________. (1 point)
heart and blood vessels
muscles and tendons
axons and dendrites
brain and spinal cord
19. ___________ has regulatory areas for thirst, hunger, body temperature, water balance, and blood pressure. (1 point)
For questions 20—25, match the following glands with their respective functions by filling in the blank with the letter of the function.
A. Control and balance levels of calcium and phosphate in blood and tissue fluids
B. Secretes androgen hormones, including testosterone and estrogen
C. Involved in regulating the body’s sugar levels
D. Regulates the sleep-wake cycle
E. Secretes chemicals that dramatically alter energy levels
F. Produces hormones that control the rate at which cells burn fuels from food
20. Thyroid (1 point)
21. Adrenal (1 point)
22. Parathyroid (1 point)
23. Pancreas (1 point)
24. Gonads (1 point)
25. Pineal (1 point)
19. ___________ has regulatory areas for thirst, hunger, body temperature, water balance, and blood pressure?